Sunday, June 23, 2013

thoughts on overcoming....



My mind the last few weeks has been on overcoming the obstacles that life throws you.  What makes it worth overcoming them and why should we do it?  What are obstacles to us and what are everyday occurrences to others?  It seems that it is easier to “overcome” the big things in life and much, much more difficult to pass by the everyday annoyances that we see. 
The last few years have brought many things into my life.  Some I see as obstacles and some I see as normal.  They have changed with time and I have learned to grow through them, though, I still need daily help with patience.   

I think that the biggest change in my “life plan” has been learning to grow through my husband’s TBI.  Learning to not be angry at the people who should be helping him….
Learning to be patient when he can’t remember things or has a hard time talking…..
Forgiving when things are said without thought (both on my hubby’s part and also on the part of others)…..
Learning to accept the new normal in our lives……

I am blessed beyond belief that he came home to me and we now have our two beautiful children but sadly some days it’s hard to see past the minor inconveniences.  I have to remind myself that my hubby didn’t want to not remember things nor did he want to feel uncomfortable around people.  I know that he would love to be able to go out to eat without having to check all of the entrances, exits and sit in a corner.  Who am I to get frustrated?   I pray daily for families that are like ours and have to navigate life post injury without much help. 

We have been blessed by family who loves both of us and cares about our health (emotionally and physically) and needs.  For that I am very grateful and thankful!  

No comments:

Post a Comment